Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Fermentation Time: 6-7 hours
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
Makes approx 5-7
1 cup rice
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 cup cooked rice
1 bread soaked in water
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1. Soak rice for 4-5 hours.
2. In a mixer jar, add rice, coconut milk and grind it.
3. Add cooked rice, bread and again crush it properly.
4. Add sugar and salt and grind once again.
5. Transfer it into a bowl and cover it.
6. Keep aside in a warm place to ferment for 6-7 hours.
7. Add little water & make medium thick consistency batter.
8. Pour 1 laddle full of batter in a appam pan or s shallow pan.
9. Hold the kadai and turn it round and try to make it thin.
10. Cover and let it cook on a medium flame for 1-2 mins.
11. Open and drizzle slight oil if required.
12. Serve it hot with a vegetable stew.