Buff Vada Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Makes 10 vadas
For outer layer
4 medium sized potatoes
4 tsp ara flour
1/2 tsp sindhav
1 tsp oil
4 tbsp roasted and crushed peanuts
2 tbsp roasted and half crushed sesame seeds
1 tbsp grated coconut
1 tbsp roasted and half crushed snauf (variyali)
2 tbsp ginger-chili paste
1/2 tsp lavang-taj powder
1/2 tsp amchur
1/2 tsp sindhav salt
2 tsp powdered sugar
1. For outer layer, boil the potatoes and grate it properly.
2. Take out 2 tbsp grated potatoes and keep aside in a bowl for stuffing.
3. Add ara lott, sindhav, oil and mix properly to make it smooth.
4. For stuffing, mix all the ingredients properly with the potatoes kept aside.
5. Make small even balls from the stuffing.
6. Divide outer layer mixture into equal parts.
7. Take little oil in your hand and make puri using your hand.
8. Put the stuffing ball in it and use oil and tapkir when required.
9. Fold the edges and roll properly to make vada.
10. Deep fry vada on a medium flame until golden.
11. Serve hot with khajur-imli chutney.