Corn Croquettes Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 20 mins.
Makes 6-8 croquettes
2-3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp butter
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped green chilli
3 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1 cup milk
1 cup boiled half crushed sweet corns
1 tsp crushed red chili
salt to taste
3/4 cup cooked rice
1 tbsp chopped coriander
3 diced cubes cheese
1/4 cup plain flour paste (1/4 cup maida + 1/4 cup water)
oil to fry
3 tbsp bread crumbs
1. Heat oil and butter in the pan.
2. Saute onion and green chillies properly.
3. Saute flour until golden and add milk slowly.
4. Keep stiring continously on a high flame.
5. Add corns and mix properly.
6. Add salt, chilies and saute untill lumpy.
7. Turn off the flame and transfer in a bowl.
8. Bring the mixture to room temperature.
9. Add rice, coriander and mix properly.
10. Make small balls and stuff a cheese cube in between.
11. Dip the croquettes in maida paste and roll it in bread crumbs.
12. Coat it completely and deep fry until golden brown on medium flame.
13. Corn Croquettes are ready to serve hot with ketchup.