PANEER RECIPE – INDIAN COTTAGE CHEESE RECIPE
Cooking Time: 15 mins.
Makes 1 cup
1 litre milk
1/2 tsp lemon juice / alum powder / citric acid
1/2 cup warm water
How to proceed
1. Boil the milk.
2. Once milk starts boiling, dissolve lemon juice / citric acid / alum powder in a warm water and add to the milk.
3. Reduce the heat, and keep stirring continuously till the milk is curdled completely.
4. Remove from the heat when the separation of the curds and yellowish whey is complete.
5. Strain the mixture through a clean muslin cloth.
6. Hold it under cold running water for a minute.
7. Press and remove excess water.
8. Hang the muslin for 15-20 minutes so that all the whey is drained out.
9. To make the paneer into a block tie the muslin and place it under something heavy.
10. The paneer can now be cut into chunks and used as required.