Potato Mathri Recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 30 mins.
Makes 20 mathri
500 gms maida
250 gms boiled potatoes
50 gms ghee / oil
salt to taste
1/3 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp ajwain
250 gms milk
a pinch of soda-bi-carb
oil for frying
1. Sieve maida in a bowl.
2. Mash the potatoes and heat 50 gms the oil in a pan.
3. Add potatoes, salt and pepper powder and saute for a minute.
4. Cool down completely.
5. Add potato mixture to the flour.
6. Add all other dry ingredients.
7. Make a stiff dough using milk.
8. Divide the dough into equal parts.
9. Roll into small round and thick puri.
10. Deep fry on a very slow flame until golden brown.
11. Store in an air tight container.