Sada Dosa Recipe
Soaking Time: 4-5 hours
Fermenting Time: 7-8 hours
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 12 dosas
For Dosa Batter
1 cup rice
1/3 cup urad dal ( split black lentils)
Salt to taste
¼ tsp oil for greasing
4 tsp oil for cooking
For the dosa batter ( Makes approx. 3 cups)
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and urad dal in enough water for atleast 4 – 5 hours.
- Keep in a warm place to ferment for 7-8 hours.
- Drain the rice & urad dal, add a little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Cover and allow it to ferment it in a warm place for atleast 7-8 hours.
- Add ½ cup of water and salt to taste in the batter and mix well.
How to proceed
- Pour ¼ cup batter on the greased non- stick tava and spread in a circular motion to make a thin dosa.
- Smear 1 tsp of oil over it and cook till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll
- Place the dosa on a plate and serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Before making the dosas grease the non-stick tava with ¼ tsp of oil and wipe wet cloth. Now sprinkle a little water on it and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Spread a portion of the batter to make a small sample dosa, cook it and discard.
- This will ensure that the remaining dosas do not stick to the non-stick and can be cooked easily.