Tomato Sauce Recipe
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Makes 2 cups
2 cups chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp sugar
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp white vinegar
Salt to taste
To be tied in a thin muslin cloth to make a small spice bad (potli)
1” piece cinnamon (dalchini)
2 bay leaves ( tejpatta)
4 cloves ( lavang / laung)
4 black peppercorns ( kalimirch / mari)
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, chilli powder and salt and blend to a smooth purée in a blender using about ¼ cup of water.
- Strain and boil the strained liquid in a vessel along with the spice bag.
- When the sauce starts thickening, add in the vinegar.
- Cook till the mixture resembles a smooth sauce.
- Cool and use as required.
- This sauce can be stored refrigerated for upto 15 days.
- To store for a long time or round the year, you can use preservatives for tomato sauce which are available in the market.