Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Main Course Italian 4 servings 4 servings
- 8 oz spaghetti or linguine
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the white wine and chicken broth, and stir well to deglaze the pan. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-7 minutes until it has reduced by half.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese to the skillet, and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the skillet, and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Post a Comment