Homemade granola bars are a perfect snack for those who are always on the go. They are easy to make and can be customized to your liking, with a variety of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. Plus, they are a healthier option compared to store-bought granola bars which are often loaded with sugar and preservatives. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make delicious and nutritious granola bars that you can enjoy any time of the day.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 35 minutes Servings: 10-12 bars Yields: 1 9x13 inch pan of granola bars
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped apricots)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and dried fruit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, peanut butter or almond butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press down firmly to create an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut into bars or squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, or in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Conclusion: These homemade granola bars are the perfect snack to take with you on the go or enjoy as a midday treat. They are easy to make, packed with nutritious ingredients, and can be customized to your liking. Plus, they are a healthier option compared to store-bought granola bars. Give this recipe a try and you won't be disappointed!
Post a Comment