Apple Mango Chutney Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
Makes 1 cup
250 gms chopped raw mango
250 gms chopped cooking apple
1/2 cup water
25 gms thinly sliced ginger (optional)
2 cinnamon sticks
3/4 cup sugar
20-25 black raisins
10-12 half sliced almonds
10-12 strands of saffron
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
1/4 cup vinegar
1. Add mango, apple, water, ginger and cinnamon sticks in a pan.
2. Cover and cook until water dies up and fruits get cooked.
3. Add sugar, raisins, almonds, saffron and salt.
4. Mix properly and cook for 2-3 mins.
5. Keep stiring the mixture continuously.
6. Make 1-2 thread sugar syrup in the mixture.
7. Add red chili powder, cardamon and mix properly.
8. Add vinegar and mix properly and bring it to a boil.
9. Turn off the gas and the chutney is ready to eat.
10. You can store this chutney for a month.