Date and Walnut Cake Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Baking Time: 25 mins.
Makes 5-6 slices
1 tbsp butter
65 gms condensed milk
1/8 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
50 gms wheat flour
1 tsp cocoa powder
75 gms chopped dates (khajur)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp chopped walnuts (akhrot)
1. In a bowl, mix butter, condensed milk and beat properly.
2. Add soda, baking powder, coconut, cocoa powder and beat again.
3. Add water as required, add dates and beat properly.
4. Add walnuts, beat and make medium thick consistency for cake.
5. Grease and dust the baking tin.
6. Pour cake batter in the tin and sprinkle few nuts over it.
7. Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven for 25 mins at 180 degrees.
8. Allow the cake to cool down, cut into pieces.
9. Serve warm or cold with tea or coffee.
10. Can be stored for approx 8-10 days in fridge.