Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 25 mins.
Makes 2 servings
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai/sarson)
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp boiled green peas
1 tbsp boiled green beans
1 tbsp chopped yellow bell pepper
2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1-2 tbsp chopped paneer cubes
1 cup idli batter
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
a pinch soda
a pinch turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil to shallow fry
1 cheese cube
few boiled peas
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard and carom seeds.
2. Once it crackles, add asafoetida and chilli-garlic paste.
3. Saute the paste and add onion and saute until translucent.
4. Add all the vegies and spices and mix properly.
5. Add tomato sauce, mix well and turn off the gas.
6. Add paneer cubes, mix well and keep aside until required.
For the base
1. Mix all the spices in a idli batter.
2. Grease the steamer plate and pour the batter.
3. Make thin layer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
4. Allow it to cool and cut using round cookie cutter.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the idlis until crisp.
How to proceed
1. Place the base in the serving plate.
2. Spread 1 tbsp prepared topping on each base.
3. Sprinkle grated cheese and put one peas on each.
4. Healthy and yummy recipe is ready to serve.