Sweet Beet Rice Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
Cooking Time: 20 mins.
Makes 2 servings
1 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup grated beetroot
2 tbsp ghee
1 broken bay leaf
1 piece cinnamon stick (dalchini)
1 tbsp half cut cashew nuts
1 tbsp kismiss
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
1/2 cup sugar syrup
4-5 finely chopped rose petals
a pinch of cardamom powder (elaichi)
1 pinch of nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
1 cup cooked rice
1. Heat ghee in a pan and sauté beet for 1-2 minute.
2. Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan.
4. Add bay leaf, javantri and cinnamon stick.
5. Add kissmiss and cashew nuts and sauté for a minute.
6. Add coconut and sauté for one more minute.
7. Add sugar syrup, rose petals, elaichi and jaiphal.
8. Add rice and mix properly until syrup water evaporates.
9. Turn off the gas and add sautéed beetroot.
10. Mix gently to give marble effect.
11. Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot.